Innovation is an ancient art and at the same time it is the currency of the future. It is the most talked about and least understood area in all walks of life.Nothing is so good that it can not be made better.
What did Peter F. Drucker say about Innovation? He said “If you want something new, you have to stop doing something old”
To me Innovation means - designing and imagining a product – visualizing the next requirement which the customers would want to use in future.
Steve Jobs said “You can’t just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they’ll want something new “.
Innovation is all about changing the rules of game. It has to be continuously practiced. The importance of innovation is universally acknowledged and hence it is imperative to develop a culture which is conducive to innovation and influences the employees to produce creative ideas, products , services and solutions.
What fosters Innovation?
- Creative leadership
- Picking up the right talent
- Believe in self and team
- Developing a culture of innovation
- Encouraging creativity, innovation and ideation
- Giving freedom and empowerment
- Designing reward strategies
- Listening to the smallest idea
- Enabling brain storming and thinking out of the box
- Maximizing casual employee conversation
- Ensuring constant employee engagement
It is understood that a sustainable life needs a sustainable innovation with greater focus on quality. Regardless of the industry, business enterprise that provide products or services need to persistently strive to innovate to gain and maintain what we call a competitive edge.
Think It Through !!!!